Whenever you attend college or an approved advanced schooling provider, you could get a HECS-HELP loan to fund your studies. You can easily just obtain a loan that is hecs-help you might be signed up for a Commonwealth supported spot (CSP).

A HECS-HELP loan doesn’t protect expenses like accommodation, laptop computers or text publications.


Your provider will assess your eligibility for the HELP loan resistant to the criteria below. When you have any relevant concerns, please contact your provider.

To get a loan that is hecs-help you have to:

  • be learning in a Commonwealth supported destination.
  • be an Australian citizen and meet the residency requirements (you must study at part that is least of one’s program in Australia).
  • be a fresh Zealand Special Category Visa (SCV) owner or permanent humanitarian visa owner and meet up with the residency needs.
  • submit the ask for Commonwealth help and HECS-HELP form to your provider because of the census date.
  • be signed up for each unit/subject at your provider because of the census date.
  • not need currently lent as much as your HELP loan restriction.

Exactly how much am I able to borrow?

You can easily borrow as much as the combined HELP restriction to pay for your tuition costs. This consists of all FEE-HELP, VET FEE-HELP and Vet student education loans and any HECS-HELP loans incurred from 1 January 2020.

As soon as you go with your HELP loan limit, the total amount of ASSISTANCE you have remaining to borrow is recognized as your available ‘HELP stability’.

For 2020, the HELP loan limitation is $106,319. The HELP loan limit is $152,700 if you plan to study medicine, dentistry or veterinary science leading to initial registration, or eligible aviation courses.

Your HELP stability is renewable. Any compulsory or voluntary repayments beginning with the 2019-20 earnings 12 months will top up a person’s HELP balance. These repayments may be applied to a man or woman’s HELP balance from 1 July 2020 onwards. Continue reading